Saturday, March 3, 2012

Grand Prix
So, I was planning on going to GP Seattle this weekend, but Melissa really wanted me to spend the weekend with her. She graduates from college in three weeks, and she is going through a lot.

Here is the thing: a lot of signifigant others don't like their person's hobbies. Magic is just another hobby. Yes, it happens to be my favorite hobby at the time, but if I have friends and family who need me, I am always willing to put it on the back burner for them.

Melissa and I also have our wedding comming up in less than five months, which is requiring a lot of planning right now. I keep thinking, "whew, we've planned all this stuff. Now we just coast until our wedding." But that's not the case. There is always more to do.

I am lucky. Melissa still owes me a game of Magic. I built a cat themed legacy deck. Originally with 32 one drop cats. Here is the list. I've made some changes. Less cats. Some Lightning Helixes maindeck and more land. But she loves it, because she loves cats.

Also, in the vein of Melissa loving me and supporting my habbit, is the fact that she bought me the Devour for Power commander deck for my birthday. I took out about 20 cards, siding in a bunch of Innistrad/Dark Ascension cards that are perfectly graveyard/dredge themed, as well as some classic dredge cards like Golgari Grave Troll and "oppenent's graveyard's matter" cards like Guiltfeeder. All fun stuff. I just have yet to play it. I have played some Magic since my birthday, and some commander, but I just sleeved up Devour for Power and tweaked it last night.

So, I hope everyone at GP Seattle has a blast. And I'm sorry to Ryan for not splitting a hotel with you. I was really looking forward to it. I have these booster packs I was planning on practicing sealed with just sitting on my desk unused. I'll go to some big event sometime in the future. I've only been playing Magic seriously for about a year now. And I don't want to take it too seriously. I just want it to be a hobby. But that doesn't mean I don't want to go to big events, and work hard at my hobby.

I'll be routing for you, Ryan. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment